Friday, January 3, 2014

Gibraltar the Rock

“Juventud divino tesoro
Ya te vas para no volver
Quando quiero llorar no lloro
Y a veces lloro sin querer”      Rubén Darío


I didn't know too much about Gibraltar except that it would be possible to hear Spanglish. My mother
use to forbid us to use Spanglish when we were younger so that we could developed each language naturally. Nonetheless, since it's something I could relate to, I thought it was pretty cool to hear the locals speak English, Spanish or Spanglish. I was also surprise how close Africa was from Europe via the ferry, 35 minutes!  Gibraltar was the first European country that I visited and a great way to introduce the history of British territories. England, I shall visit you one day, perhaps on my way back from Morocco, hopefully. Every ship that goes to the mediterranean must go through the Strait of Gibraltar. And like I mention before, you can also take a ferry to Morocco if you decide to go to Africa one day. This is definitely on my bucket list. Other then the history, the rock, caverns, tunnels and monkeys, I took advantage of a volunteer opportunity to clean up a cemetery and church with my friends and mingle with the locals as we ate all their food. Well almost, not really, the food part.





















No comments:

Post a Comment