Sunday, December 29, 2013

Albufeira, Portugal


"Nossa maior tragédia é não saber o que fazer com a vida." (Our biggest tragedy is not knowing what to do with our lives)
José Saramago

A great place to go shopping in the market and barter with the locals for a good price on items. I bought a couple of bottles of 'vinho tinto verde' and brought them back to the ship to take back to Florida. If you're a seafood lover like myself, go to the seafood market or try a seafood dish at a local restaurant. Other then that, relax by the beach during the day and go to the strip in the night time to listen to music or dance.
     I didn't get a chance to go out in the night, I had to return to Spain that night.  Though, I would of gone to a discoteca and danced to some Latin house music. I love swaying my hips to Latin music, actually I love swaying my hips to any music, especially to Shakira, Thalia and Celia Cruz. I love going out dancing in Europe, I have never had to worry about missing my favorite Latin American music. When I used to live in North Carolina 15 years ago, I was homesick and culture shock. Growing up in California gives you a sense that America as a whole was a melting pot.  That is the great thing about traveling, it exposes you to new cultures and ideas and forces you to learn more about your own home country.





















No comments:

Post a Comment