Friday, January 3, 2014

Xunantunich Mayan Ruins, Belize


Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

Get your sunscreen, insect repellent spray, and
camera if you going to travel to the tropical country of Belize. There is so much to do here but I only had one day so I chose to see the Xunantunich Mayan Ruins. I took the tour bus from Belize City and found out that the ruins was minutes away from the Guatemala border. There was an earthquake the night before, how lucky of me not to be on top of the ruins. Yikes! The Xunantunich ruins, had a 130 foot tall pyramid and well maintained grounds. As I was taking pictures of the stone carvings, I was really impressed with the hieroglyphs.  Once I climbed  El Castillo, I was able to get a better view of the Guatemala border and its tropical surroundings.




















 





































No comments:

Post a Comment