Sunday, December 29, 2013

Venice, Italy

“Il mondo è un bel libro, ma poco serve a chi non lo sa leggere.” (The world is a beautiful book, but of little use to those who do not know how to read) Carlo Goldoni

Ciao bella! Venice, from the surface, is romantic.
I say from the surface, since I never lived there before. There were a couple of rainy days when I was there, but somehow, it brought a wave of romantic nostalgia over me. I let myself get lost in the streets and entwined my imagination with every corner I found.
    Embracing myself to the Italian way of life as I order a tomato salad only to find out that it was only tomatoes with olive oil. My friend got the lettuce salad and we exchange half our tomatoes and lettuce to make a salad for each of us. We had some pasta that was delicious as I finished my meal with a small cup of expresso.  These are the nuisances that make the trip more interesting, as you become entwined in the city of....la vita buona...   
          The next couple of days I found a couple of masks that have gone well with decorating my apartment. Even though I had used only a point and shoot camera, I was still able to print some pictures in black and white. Venice has help me complete a couple of things off my bucket list. I always wanted to decorated my apartment with some art pieces or pictures that were made by me.  I now have some pictures of Venice in random places in my apartment. I want to come back and use a film camera since I have taken an interest to darkroom room photography. Even better, come back and take art classes in Florence. But for now, I'm still learning how to use my Om-d Em-5 camera that I just bought.

Palazzo Ducale (Doge's Palace to the right and Saint Mark's Basilica left)
Santa Maria della Salute Basilica
San Marco Basilica


Ponte dei Sospiri (Bridge of Sighs)
































Ponte di Rialto 

































"Love is three quarters curiosity" Giacomo Casanova







No comments:

Post a Comment