Sunday, December 29, 2013

Jebel Ali / Dubai, United Arab Emirates


“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” Henry Miller

You can go snow skiing or snowboarding in the mall in Dubai.
The mall has every major store that you can find in NYC or LA and it seemed pretty westernized to me. However, it would be wise to be respectful and aware of the cultural customs of Dubai. Make sure not to take pictures of females, show a lot of skin, and ask for permission to take picture.
I found out that there were a lot of manmade islands as I went for a tour. When I arrived to the mall via the bus, I've never seen so many lamborghinis, ferraris, porsches, etc in one area waiting to get valet parking. Good grief... it definitely felt like a playground for the extremely wealthy, a place to party and to meet for business. It's Las Vegas in an international style. Though this is not my cup of tea when it comes to places I prefer to visit, it didn't stop me from having a great experience with my friends. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment