Saturday, February 1, 2014

Split, Croatia

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.” – T. S. Elliot

 My visit to Croatia was a last minute stop.


Come here if you want to go off the beaten path in europe as you encounter a charming  medieval town within an ancient Roman Palace. The Palace of Diocletian from the 4th century stood out in the night time. We got to avoid the large tourist crowds, and continue shipping at the underground tunnel that had many charming shops. The Palace of Dicoletian is under UNESCO protection which includes a black spinx that was brought from the Dicoletian himself. I enjoyed walking around town and people watching as I sat by a cafe right by the sea.
 I bought some very interesting art pieces in the underground market passageway which was something I wasn't expecting to find.  The Dicoletian Palace was having a wedding the night we found it by accident. I wanted to take some pictures but it seem unfitting at the time. I wished it wasn't so dark outside, since I didn't have a tripod for my point and shoot camera. Some of my night pictures came out kind of blurry, but hey, it's not everyday you run into ancient ruins, so I took whatever pictures I could.






























Diocletian's Palace




Can you see the underground walking passageway above?





 I was here in the fall, these indoor cafes are the best to get warm.


No comments:

Post a Comment